The United States Marine Corps Memorial is more than a place of Honor; more than a place of history; more than a place of healing; it’s a place for YOUR story. Your story is similar in many ways to others who can’t tell their story because they’re no longer with us or can’t because it’s too difficult or they’re physically unable. Each of you who are Marines or who served with Marines has a story and it’s important to record that story so others will know they’re freedom wasn’t free, and what each of us gave of ourselves for the love of this country. Our aim is to share what it is to be a Marine or to have served with Marines as a way to educate the public, especially our youth. Watch for more stories here as time goes by.
The stories of Marines you will find on this page are just some of the stories we know are out there.
We’d love for you to send your story along with photos to be posted on this site. It will be used as an educational tool for Young Marine detachments and Scouts to learn about what it means to be a Marine. Send stories to USMCMemorialFoundation@gmail.com.
Include the following items in your story:
- Why did you decide to become a Marine and when you entered boot camp. A story or two about boot camp is great.
- Other schools you attended while in the Corps and experiences while attending.
- Duty station stories are always good, especially those illustrating the sacrifice of serving in a war zone and the sacrifices your family made.
- And coming home when your tour of duty was over.
- How the service affected the rest of your life.
If you know of an Eagle Scout candidate, Gold Award Scout candidate, a Young Marine or a Marine Corps Junior ROTC cadet interested in history, this is a great project, and we’d love to partner with them. Have them contact the foundation at USMCMemorialFoundation@gmail.com.
Support the USMC Memorial Remodel
The USMC Memorial is dedicated to the memory and service of all Marines, as well as other service members.
Use the links below to buy a brick in one of the Memorial’s five walkways or to donate. All proceeds go towards the Memorial remodel.